Monday 1 March 2010

Overview of Percy Jackson and the Titan's Curse & Percy Jackson and the Battle of the Labyrinth

Overview of my last two books.


Ok so I've read Percy Jackson and the Titan's Curse and Percy Jackson and the Battle of the Labyrinth, but I have not had the time to write reviews. I will write very small overviews of them, but don't expect much. I probably won't remember half of it.


Percy Jackson and the Titan's Curse


Ok, so this was really good from start to end. I loved Artemis and her hate for Apollo, I loved the idea that they had to hold up the sky, I loved the bitching between Thalia and Percy. It was a good way they strung it all together.


Slight spoilers from here.


I cried at Zoe's death. Seriously cried. I didn't expect to cry at this book, so I was very surprised when I cried like I did. I loved the random Rachel in it and I was thinking 'why would Rick Riordan put a random mortal into it' but I loved it anyway. I LOVED NICO AND BIANCA AND THEIR BACK STORY! I mean I wanted to see a son/daughter of Hades' and to see it was amazing.


Overall Rating- 9 out of 10

Would I read something else by the author- If I find out he's got another series, I will definitely be reading it

Anything else- Not that I can think of.


Percy Jackson and the Battle of the Labyrinth


The idea of the labyrinth is probably one of the most iconic images in Greek mythology, whether that's about King Minos trapping Daedalus there or Theseus killing the Minotaur, everyone knows something about the labyrinth. So when I read this, I was very excited.


Slight spoilers from here.


The idea that Daedalus was in Camp Half Blood was cool, I thought it was a clever idea. I liked how they brought Rachel back into it and I loved how Poseidon came to Percy's birthday. Basically, all of the book was pretty awesome. You know when you can't think of anything? Yeah that's me right now.


Overall Rating- 8.5 out of 10

Would I read something else by the author- See above

Anything else- Aphrodite is a bitch on Percy

Next Review- Percy Jackson and the Last Olympian (yes almost finished the series) A proper review next time I promise!


Thanks for reading guys x

No comments:

Post a Comment