Sunday 7 March 2010

Review 3- Percy Jackson and the Last Olympian

Wow. I've finished Percy Jackson and the Last Olympian. And just wow. Amazing book, really cool. Definitely a good ending to the series.

Ok so I have found with a lot of really good book series that I've read, have been a let down on the last book. I'm sure everyone out there can agree they've had that experience with a book series they've read too.

But this one was definitely a good way to end, it ended so that it could be come back to, but it could be left alone by itself and still stand as a really good ending to the series.

Now the action in this was amazing, and the twists were terrific! I swear I cried three times at least at this book. The book had enough in it that you would think that it could stand alone, but it could also work as a start of a continuation of the series or maybe even start a new series.

Now for the spoilers, and be warned these are HUGE spoilers so if you haven't read the book before you read this BE WARNED!!!!!

Ok so the fact that he tied in the fact of Rachel and how she could have gotten together with Percy, but instead of that I loved how she decided to become the new oracle. That was genius, and then when she said the new big prophecy, and everyone freaked out, very cool. And very good for how that could lead to another book.

Now the fact that Annabeth and Percy FINALLY kissed properly, was fantastic. I mean, YAY! Very excited about that. I loved how Percy admitted that he didn't take the honour of becoming a God because mostly he didn't want to leave Annabeth. Awwww! That was something seriously cute!

I loved the line about Peanut butter, Tyson is amazing, one of my favourite characters of this series!

Grover was hilarious as normal, and I thought it was predictable that Luke became the good guy taken over by a bad guy and in the end he showed he was the good guy. Yawn.

Ok now as a full book I adored it, it was fantastic. Really and truly.

Overall rating: 9.5 out of 10

Would I read another book by this author- I am getting excited about the series about Pharaohs and I will definitely be excited for that.

Anything else- Nope!

Next review- The Lovely Bones

No comments:

Post a Comment