Sunday 11 April 2010

Review 7- The Forest of Hands & Teeth

Ok so I finished this two days ago, just lost the sheet that had the review on. So here it is!

Ok so from the blurb this sounded like a brilliant book. But overall, I found it...eh. I can't say good, I can't say terrible, but it was, just, yeah.

Ok, so I loved the concept of Mary & Travis, but it was a very unsure love story. I didn't like Cass, she annoyed me, very whiney, and in the end when she was like 'I don't care about Travis or Harry, I just want to give Jacob a good up bringing'...uhm what? You're in the middle of a zombie apocalypse love, so the chances of him surviving are very very slim. I also didn't like Jed for the first half of the book, when he was all 'you let our mother turn into one of them' I thought he was a little bit harsh on her. And Sister Tabitha. I thought she was really harsh, but then she died trying to save people, so that's ok. I actually disliked a lot of the characters.

The thing about Mary always dreaming about the ocean was nice, but I expected her to react differently when she finally got there. It just seemed like she could have been a bit more excited or something.

The story was good, I think it was a good start off. The only thing I didn't like about the actual plot was it just seemed to have something missing. Like the characters weren't fully fleshed out.

Overall rating- 4.5 out of 10
Would I read anything else from this author- I don't think so, the book was lacking something and I've done the mistake of trying to reread something by the same author and been highly let down again.
Anything else- If people like it, fair enough, but my opinion is that the book wasn't for me.

Thanks for reading guys x.

No comments:

Post a Comment