Friday 9 April 2010

Review 6- The Vampire Diaries Vol. 2 The Fury and The Reunion

Ok so to review this book I have to review it as the two separate books. There will be MEGA spoilers so if you haven’t read it please do not read this review.

The Fury

Ok, so I actually really enjoyed this book. It was really well done. I loved the twist at the end, Katherine being the Other Power? Brilliant! I really loved it. I thought it was a brilliant, just really well done and fantastic, and yeah. Not much else I can say about it.

Now, as for the end, I really liked that too. It’s cool that in the end, Elena died, I thought it was really done well, and I thought Bonnie’s ending to the book was fantastic, just, the way it was finished off with a diary entry. I just thought that The Fury was an amazing book, everything was just done well, and the characters were good and they were done well because the way they stuck to their characteristic.

The Reunion

I wasn’t so keen on this. I thought it was the obvious thing to do, bringing Elena back from the dead. I honestly thought that it was just…expected. Now as for Klaus, I wasn’t really keen on it. It seemed that it was something that she had to do to give them a happy ending more or less.

I thought that all of it was really badly done. I really didn’t like it. I just thought it was something that they tried to do to get it all over and done with, nothing else. I know that she technically had to make it a happy ending because if she didn’t it would disappoint a few people, I just thought that they coulda left it at the defeating of Klaus and then nothing about Elena coming back.

Overall for the both books, I liked how they finished off the main story, and then the second part of it where Elena wasn’t there was literally just to keep people happy, because I didn’t think it had ANYTHING to do with the previous story. I mean yeah you can have a new series, like the Vampire Diaries the Return, but I think she didn’t have to make it like she did. I really just didn’t like it. It annoyed me.

Overall Rating- 5 out of 10

Would I read something else by the author- Yeah I would, thinking about get the other books of the series.

Anything Else- Nope

Thanks for reading this guys x

1 comment:

  1. Since Twatlight, it's been hard for me to enjoy vampire books, but I must say, my little teeny side enjoyed these books. Though, the show is just awful.

    ReplyDelete