Friday 20 August 2010

Review 14- I Can See You

Ok so this will be a bit patchy, I picked this book up on the 18th of May (I know because I bought it on my birthday…haha) and I just finished reading it today (25th of July). But I must admit this is one of my favourite authors that I’ve read for a while.

Ok so it’s a crime novel, which isn’t usually my style, but I picked it up and fell in love with it, reading about 150 pages a day (which I couldn’t do at the time). The book follows Eve Wilson, Noah Webster and a bunch of other cops and the killer (not gonna say who but believe me, it was a shock when it was revealed).

I want to first address Noah & Eve’s little love interest. I loved it. I’m usually hooked instantly on the love interest or hate it with a passion. I thought this one was soooooooo cute. She didn’t want him to love her because of all these emotions, and he wanted her so badly that it hurt or whatever. It was soo cute, it was so nice to see them grow and get together.

I loved the idea of how the killer picked his victims. Going onto a game called Shadowland, going through Eve’s study, getting everything together until it was all done, I was actually amazed at how well thought out it was.

I also loved the idea of the dresses, shoes, makeup, hanging (which is how he staged the murder to look like a suicide) seriously I was blown away by it. It was just a shock to the system that people found them. And with their eyes glued open? Tortured with their fears? I was in love with these ideas.

Then there was the way that the killer left the victim’s avatars in the game, where when they were found out they were found hung in their homes in Shadowland, exactly how they’d been found IRL.

Characters? Ok so the first one I need to talk about is Eve. Now, from what I’ve gathered I came into a book that links back to another book, which is where Eve came from. She’s a broken woman who was left for dead in a previous book by Karen Rose (which I shall be buying even though I know what happens, I want to read more of Eve when she was young and reckless) I liked that idea because it was like ‘here’s what a character did afterwards’ and even if you hadn’t read the previous book. It was brilliant.

Then Noah, I loved how he was portrayed, not perfect, but still with this manly and courageous. I don’t really know what to say about the characters, you guys just need to read it! Please?

No comments:

Post a Comment