Friday 20 August 2010

Review 13- The Lunatic Cafe

Yes second day, second book done, and it’s barely the afternoon (on a role woot!). It’s the fourth one in the Anita Blake series so again if you don’t want to know anything, please don’t read.

I loved the plot of this one, well the love interest plot. Jean-Claude actually trying to woo Anita instead of forcing himself on her. I also love the way that Anita isn’t sure about Richard and is like ‘Should I shouldn’t I?’ I think she should personally, but I don’t know if Richard will thing of her in the same way after what she did at the end.

Ok so it was very round about crazy. Kasper (I thought he was a nice person), was the biggest twist I’d seen. I was sad to see him the culprit for the shifters disappearances, it was a big shock. And the police (I hate the ones who did it) And Dolf and Zabrowski (spelling? I don’t have the book with me so sorry if I spelt it wrong) got hurt I got really upset when I found that out.

Ok so let’s get on with the characters as per usual.

It’s nice to see a softer side of Anita, the one you see with Richard. But having said that, I’m glad she continued to be the person she always was with the way she stuck to her guns (no pun intended) and everything. And I loved how she was all bad ass when she stuck the knife into what’s his name’s ‘do-da’. I did gag a bit though, I can’t deny that.

What about Richard? I kinda like him but I think he’s got to realise that Anita is who she is and isn’t going to change. Then he’d be perfect! Unfortunately not everything should be perfect in a book, and this is the imperfect part. I do love him though, and I hope that he will keep Anita close to him, whether or not he does I shall have to find out (aka I really want the next book!).

Jean-Claude’s evil side is truly evil, I was amazed at it. The way he just was ruthless with Gretchen and the other vampire, Robert was it? I can’t remember (I fail) just it was scary to see it. I mean I liked it because it shows you he’s not all sugar and cream. But still you know?

I don’t know what else to say really, I mean the plot was crazy this time and I think it’s easier for you guys to go and read it over me trying to explain it and failing miserably.

No comments:

Post a Comment