Saturday 13 February 2010

Review 1- Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief

Ok, so the first thing I'm going to say is that you can tell the age that this book is written for. The way it's written is very good and it was a good book, but you can tell that it's meant for the 9-13 year olds more or less.

Having said that I'm not saying I didn't like it. I really liked it, it was very well paced and it had a lot of fun and adventure and everything like that. I loved the chemistry between the main three characters I really did. And Chiron was cool too.

But I will say there was a bit of predictability in the story. Now I'm going to go into spoilers so don't read this go down to the rating.

The most predictable part was Luke for me. As soon as Luke gave Percy the shoes I knew something wasn't right, and I knew that Luke would be the friend to betray Percy. And that was pretty sad because Luke seemed like a pretty cool guy.

I thought that the whole idea of bringing the Titans back through Luke and Ares was a fantastic idea, I thought that the idea that Zeus wasn't as nice as he seems to be on the Disney version of Hercules was a very good idea, because let's face it he kinda punishes a lot of people in the myths.

Overall Rating- 7.5 out of 10.
Would I read something else by the author- Yes, I'm ready to read the next one soon.
Film- The film looks very good and I will go see it.
Anything else- The book has made me want to get back into my love for Greek Mythology.
Next Review- Either Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters or The Lovely Bones.

Thanks for reading this guys x

No comments:

Post a Comment